Friday, March 20, 2009

Short and Sweet Update

Okay so I found out that I am really bad with keeping up with this blog thing. I just have so much going on that when it comes to getting online and actually writing everything down it is next to impossible for me to get this done on a regular basis. So here is a recap from the past couple of months when I have have not written a word.

I have been really busy with school. I am taking 5 classes this semester and I just transferred to Arizona State University. I am finding that the community college didnt really prepare me for the university atmosphere but somehow it is all working out. I have started a regular workout program and and working with a couple of my friends to try to lose weight and get healthier for me and my family. This was going really well until recently when I have actually gained back one of the pounds that I have lost even though this fancy smancy scale that we bought says that my body fat percentage has actually gone down...explain this to me. Well I am actually going to be updating more about that when there is more to tell so just keep watching.

Laiken is huge. He is learning to talk and he is just so independent it makes me sad and I wish for the baby days back. He loves the new daycare that he is in and gets along with the other kids too. He is now just over 26 pounds and while he isnt especially tall he is already wearing a 3T when it comes to clothing. He is actually going to be having an easter egg hunt here at the house this year and so I am looking forward to getting lots of pictures with him and the other kids. He is used to having his own way but show me an only child that isnt; overall i am surprised that he is not a lot more spoiled than he is. He is still my little joy and I cant wait for those of you that havent seen him in a while to get the opportunity again.

Ryan is the same old Ryan that we all know and love. He works a lot trying to take care of Laiken and I. He is such a good dad though you should see him and Laiken together. When he gets home from work in the evening Laiken is like his little shadow. For someone that openly admits he never thought that he would have kids Laiken couldn't have asked for a better role model.

Well that is basically all that is going on with us out here. We finally got the backyard done on the house so that is one project that is complete. Laiken has a new swingset that should be arriving any day now. Ryan and I are about to celebrate our 1st wedding anniversary and I am totally hyped up about that. Overall life is good and I couldnt even dream of better. While we do have our share of bumps that we encounter it is getting through them together that makes me know that all is okay. Well that is it for now and it is time for me to go to bed before Ryan rolls over and tells me that the light is bugging him.

1 comment:

Emily said...

You are so awesome! I can't believe you guys have been married for a year! Time flies so fast. We have to get together before I move.